Program Districts: Nebbi, Ngora, Nepak and Gulu
Program Main Objective
- To mitigate the misunderstanding about viral hepatitis B and C in Uganda and improve the care of and management of patients by health workers in the country Uganda.
- Increase awareness about Hepatitis B and C among health care workers
- Address the challenges of stigma, myth and misconception about HBV and HCV by health care service providers
- Improve screening for Hepatitis B and C in the community by health care providers.
- Scale up of further investigations, care and treatment of those where treatment is indicated for HCV and HBV as well as monitor treatment response
- Create the need for referral and linkage for specialised care whenever need arises.
- Understand issues relating to HBV and HCV prevention
With Funding from